Tomato chutney / Hyderabadi tamate ki chutney
Tomato chutney is basically cooked tomatoes seasoned with spices and tempered as per taste. Very famous in south asia, but every household has their own version of the dish, because of this there are many variations of tomato chutney, here’s is a simple hyderabadi style tomato chutney which is packed with flavours and will surely satisfy your taste buds.
Vegetarians can team up this Hyderabadi tomato chutney with khichdi and paapad while non-vegetarians can team it up with khichdi and onion omellete to make a full course breakfast or lunch.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 large sized tomatoes (preferably ripe, chopped roughly)
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 fistful Curry Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Zeera/ cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 whole dried green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3/4 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
- 2 medium Fresh green chillies
- 1/2 fistful Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Adding cumin powder is optional.
- Try using riped tomatoes as this chutney tastes best with riped ones.
- Adding water is optional, but if you want to store it and use later, then don't add any water to it.
- Tomato chutney can be stored in refrigerator in an airtight container for upto 10 days.