Tangy tamarind groundnut chutney / Instant groundnut chutney in 5 minutes.
Groundnut chutney/ Moongphali chutney/ peanut chutney is served as a side dish along with dosa, medhu wada, or mysore bonda, because of it’s nutty and tangy flavor.
This chutney is rich in proteins from peanuts and easily digestible because of tamarind and mint in it.
Team it up with dosa and mashed potato curry to make a full course meal.
Groundnut chutney in combination with vada also tastes good.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 2.5 fistful Ground nut (dry roasted)
- 2 large Fresh green chillies
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 4 large Garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 30 grams dried tamarind (washed and soaked)
- 75 ml water (to make tamarind water)
- For the best nutty flavour, roast the groundnut on low flame.
- Tempering is optional for this chutney. Nevertheless, it tastes best even raw.