Stuffing for Mirchi bhajji/ Authentic Green chilli pakode stuffing/Mirchi k bhajiye ki Imli khopre ki chutney
There are many variations of stuffing Green chilli fritters which are de-seeded stuffed green chillies, dipped in gram flour batter and deep-fried. It’s a mouth-watering delicacy belonging to the Indian subcontinent and now relished by people all over the world.
Generally, the green chillies are stuffed with a mixture of tamarind pulp and cumin, but here, I have shared a very flavorful, tangy and sweet tamarind coconut chutney to stuff Mirchi k bhajiye, enhancing their taste to another level. This stuffing is less commonly known.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 4 tablespoon grated dry coconut (50 grams dry coconut pieces)
- 50 grams Tamarind
- 3 teaspoon Ground nut (or peanut whole)
- 3/4 teaspoon Zeera/ cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 75 ml water (or 1/4 cup) for soaking the tamarind
- Tamarind coconut stuffing can be made and stored in an airtight container in chill tray of your refrigerator for 1 month.
- Be careful while adding water while grinding, since adding more water makes your stuffing runny and it becomes difficult to fill into the green chillies while making fritters.
- The quantity of stuffing to be used in your fritters depends on your choice.