Pyaaz paratha recipe/ Whole wheat Onion paratha recipe in 10 minutes.
Pyaaz paratha is onion stuffed flat bread famous in India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives and Myanmar where wheat is the staple food of majority of population.
Onion paratha is rich in fibre, carbohydrates, folic acid and is low in fat or cholesterol. Onion paratha can be served as breakfast or snack.
Here is a Quick simple whole wheat homemade onion paratha recipe which is healthy and flavorful. Serve it with raita or whisked curd.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 minutes|
- 1.5 medium Onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or paprika
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1.5 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup water (for kneading the dough)
- Divide the dough into equal-sized small portions as you wish.
- Now heat the girdle or Tawa and cook this chapati on the high flame on one side for 1 minute, then flip it, apply about 1/4 teaspoon oil and cook for 2 minutes. again flip apply oil and cook until golden in colour.
- Greasing the Tawa with oil before placing paratha on it is optional. (If you want to make it less oily then apply the oil directly on the paratha after it gets cooked on one side as instructed).
- You can make partha of any shape and thickness as you like.
- Try to chop the onions as small as you can. Do not squeeze the onions or make the stuffing much ahead of time, as this will make your stuffing watery. Make the stuffing just 5 minutes before you want to make paratha.
- You can add paneer or cheese to the stuffing, if you like.
One thought on “Pyaaz paratha recipe/ Whole wheat Onion paratha recipe in 10 minutes.”
Quick fix for hunger… good as breakfast or a snack