Omellete recipe – Indian style
Omelette is a dish made from beaten eggs with added seasoning and fried in little oil on a pan. Additional spices, veggies, cheese, paneer or any stuffing of your choice can be added to the beaten eggs. There is no full proof recipe for an omelette. You can make omelette with anything literally!!
It’s just your tastebuds that define the recipe for an omellete you make.
Omelettes are rich in calcium, proteins and vitamins.
Omelete goes well with bread, making bread omelette for breakfast or snack, or you can team up as a side dish with khichdi, tomato chutney to make a full course meal, or serve it with chapati, plain rice and any vegetarian curry like daalcha, khadi daal, mitthi bhendi.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 medium capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1/4 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Green Chilli (deeseeded & made into very tiny bits)
- 3 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- It is optional to fold and cut the omelette as shown but highly recommended to try this folding, since this tastes much better than the common style cut, flipped and fried omelettes.
- Any kind of cheese like shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or paneer can be sprinkled before folding the omelette. Then fold and cook making it cheese stuffed omelette.
- Any veggies of your choice like diced carrots, chopped spinach can also be added as per your taste.