Nizami Raita / Shahi Dahi chutney / Yogurt dip
Raita is a refreshing traditional dip which can be dated back to very old times of history when the emperors ruled the world. It is simply whisked yoghurt with added veggies, fruits or fried boondi of personal choice. It is served as a side dish with biryani, tahari or just eaten raw as a brunch.
No wonder raita pampers your taste buds with its refreshing taste but it also improves digestion, because of the presence of probiotics in the curd, and is also packed with calcium and vitamins.
Here is a simple recipe of traditional Nizami raita with the goodness of veggies like carrots, cucumbers and mint. Team up Nizami raita with Nizami chicken biryani or mutton pulao, to make a full course meal.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1 small onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 medium sized Cucumber (Grated)
- 1/2 medium sized Carrot (Grated)
- 1 teaspoon Pudina (Chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 1.5 Cup Curd / Yogurt (220 grams)
- 1 medium sized Fresh green chilli (de-seeded and chopped into tiny bits)
- 100 ml water (half glass or as per your liking)
- Adding water is optional. You can add or not add water depending on your liking of consistency.