Mutton Pulao / Hyderabadi Mutton Tahari
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 5.5 tablespoon oil
- 1.5 medium sized Onions (sliced)
- 2 medium sized tomato (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Methi / Fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 3 medium Green Chillies (whole)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chilli- Coriander-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1.5 pinch Black Cumin Seeds / Shah Zeera
- 2 medium sized Cinnamom / Dalchini
- 1 pod Clove / Laung
- 5 pods Cardamom / Elaichi
- 2 medium Bay Leaf
- 3 tablespoon Curd / Yogurt
- 200 grams Mutton / Beef (with bones preferably)
- 250 grams Basmati Rice (washed)
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a pressure cooker add the onions, mutton, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, green chilli paste, and 4 tablespoon oil. Mix well and then switch on the flame and saute this on a high flame until the raw smell of ginger garlic is gone.
- Then add tomatoes and saute untill the tomatoes are well done and oil starts oozing out from the mutton gravy.
- To this add about 150 ml water and pressure cook until 2 whistles on high flame and 2 whistles on low flame are heard. This takes about 10 minutes. Then switch off the flame and allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Then care fully open the pressure cooker lid after the entire steam is gone and then switch on the flame and add curd, garam masala powder to the mutton gravy and saute for about 3 minutes. To this add coriander, mint, methi leaves and green chillies. At this point check the mutton, it should be about 70-80% cooked. If its not then close the lid and cook it on high flame until 1 whistle is heard and then switch off the flame and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Now place a cooking pot on medium flame and add about 1.5 tablespoon oil and to this add shahzeera, laung, elaichi, dalchini and bay leaf and saute for about 30 seconds. To this add the cooked mutton gravy and add about 350ml of water and lemon juice.
- Stir well and allow this to boil. When this mixture starts boiling add the washed rice and cook on high flame untill only 25% of water is left over in the rice. Then close the lid and cook this on a low flame for about 18 minutes. That's it. Mutton Pulao is ready. Serve hot with Raita.
- Be careful while adding water to the mutton gravy for cooking rice. Here too the 2:1 ratio of water and rice should be taken into account that is for example if you take 1 cup of rice then add 2 cups of water. But in tahari
One thought on “Mutton Pulao / Hyderabadi Mutton Tahari”
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.