Methi Chicken / 15 minutes chicken gravy / Fenugreek chicken
Methi chicken or Murgh methi is a simple chicken gravy with the added unique flavour of methi leaves making it a delectable dish.
It’s a famous dish in India and Pakistan. Methi chicken is rich in proteins and vitamins.
The juices of chicken and methi mixed together makes it delicious, can be served with chapati or plain rice.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 500 grams chicken (preferably bone-in)
- 3 large Onions (sliced)
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1.5 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 tablespoon dried kasuri methi/ fresh methi (or 1 bunch fresh methi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 fistful Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 medium Fresh green chillies
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil (or olive oil)
- 1 glass water (220 ml)
- Wash and drain the chicken.
- Stand for 2 to 3 minutes and Carefully open the lid of the cooker only when the safety lock of the cooker allows you to open it.
- Cover the lid of the pressure cooker again and cook on high flame until one whistle is heard. That's it switch off the flame. Add the remaining fistful of coriander and green chillies after opening the lid.
- Please be cautious while handling the pressure cooker and open the lid only when the safety lock allows you to open it, or wait until the inbuilt steam cooldowns.
- Fresh methi leaves can be added instead of Kasuri methi.
- Be careful while adding salt to this recipe. Add salt little by little as needed, coz sometimes even a little more salt makes this dish too salty.