Mashed Potato curry for dosa / Aaloo ka salan
Mashed potato curry is very simple dish which is served as a side dish with masala dosa. This curry can also be used as a stuffing for samosa, bread pakoda, or bharwa mirch pakode.
Team it up with dosa and tangy groundnut chutney to make a full course meal.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 large Potato (peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 large onion (sliced longitudinally)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1 fistful Fresh curry leaves
- 3 large Fresh green chillies (deseeded, slit)
- 1/2 fistful Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (chopped, optional)
- 1 glass water
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Do not mash the potatoes completely, mash them roughly leaving some pieces.
- You can use already boiled potatoes instead of using raw diced potatoes. Add only half of the water if using boiled potatoes. The rest procedure is the same.