Hyderabadi Til ka khatta recipe / Sesame tamarind chutney
Til ka khatta is actually a thin tangy slurry of roasted sesame seed paste with tamarind water. This is a traditional dish served with khichdi, Hyderabadi palak chicken or palak mutton. The added flavour of fresh onions, garlic cloves makes the dish quite refreshing.
Team it up with khichdi and omellete for full course meal.
Khichdi and dum k mutton kebabs also taste best with til ka khatta.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||3 Minutes|
- 3 Fistful Sesame Seeds / Til (Dry roasted)
- 1 Fistful Ground nut
- 50 Grams dried tamarind (For tamarind water)
- 4 Medium Garlic cloves (Peeled)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Mint Leaves
- 3 Medium Fresh green chillies
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Zeera/ cumin seeds
- 2 Medium Dry Red Chillies
- 5-6 Medium Fresh curry leaves
- 3 Tablespoon cooking oil (For tempering)
- 1 Medium onion (Thinly sliced longitudinally)
- Slice the onions longitudinally for this recipe.
- Be careful while roasting sesame seeds. Roast them only until they turn very light golden in color. This is because the sesame turns bitter if roasted to darker shades.
One thought on “Hyderabadi Til ka khatta recipe / Sesame tamarind chutney”
Very tasty and easy to make