Homemade Pizza Sauce – Indian style
Pizza sauce is a blended paste of cooked tomatoes with some seasoning and condiments.
Unlike popular belief it’s quite easy to make at home with basic ingredients found in your kitchen.
Homemade pizza sauce is rich in vitamin C and is free from any added preservatives.
Home made pizza sauce is no less than a store bought variety either in taste or texture and colour. You can easily make a yummy pizza at home with this home made pizza sauce.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 large tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi / oregano
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a sauce pan add the tomatoes, onion, and garlic cloves. Cover and cook on low flame until softened. This takes 10 minutes.
- Cool down the softened mixture of tomatoes and grind it into fine paste in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the made toamto onion paste and season with salt, black pepper powder, sugar, red chilli powder,kasuri methi and lemon juice. Mix well, cook on medium flame until oil starts separating. That's it home made pizza sauce is ready.
- Oregano can be used in place of kasuri methi as in italian style pizza sauce or you can add any dried herb you have in your kitchen.
- Spiciness can be adjusted based on your liking by adding more red chilli powder or paprika.
- Any vegetable oil or butter can be used in place of olive oil.
- Homemade pizza sauce can be stored in airtight container in chill tray of your refrigerator for upto 2 weeks.