Classic French toast / Quick and Easy Bombay toast
French toast is slices of bread soaked in a mixture of egg and milk with some simple seasoning and fried on a greased pan over low heat until crisp. French toasts origin is rooted in the Roman Empire. It has two variations a simple sweet dish, and a savoury dish. It is served hot with toppings of personal choice.
This recipe shows traditional simple sweet dish variation which turns out delicious and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way.
French toast is rich in proteins, calcium and fiber. I have used honey in place of maple syrup thus enhancing it’s nutritional value further and tastes best too. Additional berries can be added as toppings.
Generally served as breakfast or snack.
|Prep Time||3 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
- 3 slices White milk bread (any bread of choice)
- 60 ml Milk
- 1 large Egg (whole)
- 2 pinch Cinnamom powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 pinch Salt
- 3 teaspoon Ghee / Butter
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- Any bread french, Italian, whole wheat or white can be used, tastes best with white milk bread.
- It is optional to use Maple syrup in place of honey.
- If you don't have cinnamon powder then saffron or cardamom powder or vanilla can be used as an alternative.
- A savoury dish of the French toast can be made by adding only eggs, salt and black pepper, skip the rest of the ingredients for this.