Egg Fried Rice-Indian style/ Street food style egg fried rice.
Stir fried cooked rice in a wok or a pan with added eggs , veggies and seasoning of personal choice is termed as fried rice. There are many variations of fried rice depending on locality, country or household.
Egg fried rice is stir fried cooked rice with added eggs. Adding veggies to it depends on one’s personal choice. It is rich in proteins, calcium from eggs and carbohydrates from rice.
Here is a simple yet flavorful recipe of egg fried rice with basic ingredients found in any Indian kitchen. Trust me, besides pampering your taste buds, it’s also a quick fix for your hunger.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 200 grams rice (any variety of rice basmati or plain)
- 6 large Eggs
- 2 large sized onion (1 for frying and 1 for topping at last)
- 4 medium sized Fresh green chillies (halved vertically and deseeded)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or paprika (as per taste)(add 1 tsp with eggs and 1/2 with rice)
- 7-8 medium sized Fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 2.5 tablespoon Lime juice (adjust as per your taste)
- 4.5 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 fistful Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro (optional)
- Cook the rice and keep aside. (Previously cooked any leftover rice can also be used. I have used unsalted rice here)
- Add salt and red chili in divided portions as shown with eggs and rice. This will give a nice spicy flavor to the dish.
- Any leftover cooked plain rice can be used for this recipe.
- Topping with fresh onions at the last makes the dish irresistible. The freshness of onion with the eggs gives a mouthwatering unique flavor to the dish. For this slice the onions vertically as thin as possible.
- This dish can be eaten on its own without any other accompaniment.
- Unsalted plain cooked rice is used in the recipe shown here. If you are using salted rice then be careful while adding salt in the dish.