Cut mirchi pakodi / Stuffed cut mirchi bajji – Hyderabadi
Cut mirchi bajji is a crispy variation of mirchi bajji in which partially cooked green chilli fritters are cut into small pieces and deep-fried again until they turn crisp cut mirchi.
You can serve these delictable cut mirchi pakodi as starters in parties or a tea time snack.
I have stuffed these cut mirchi pakodi with sweet and tangy tamarind coconut chutney, thus making them irresistable.
Making cut mirchi involves three steps: Making the stuffing, frying green chilli fritters and then cut them and deep fry again.
Though the procedure looks complicated, trust me it’s simple and uses only the ingredients commonly found in any Indian kitchen. Give it a try, this cut green chilli pakodi will surely satisfy your taste buds.
Click here for the recipe of stuffing for green chilli fritters or tamarind coconut chutney for green chilli fritters.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 4 tablespoon grated coconut
- 50 grams dried tamarind
- 3 teaspoon Ground nut
- 5 cloves Garlic cloves (peeled)
- 3/4 teaspoon Zeera/ cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 75 ml water (or 1/4 cup) for soaking the tamarind
- 10 medium green chilli peppers/ mote mirch (de-seeded)
- 4 tablespoon tamarind coconut chutney (for stuffing the green chillies)
- 5 tablespoon Gram flour
- 1 tablespoon Rice Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ajwain/carom seeds
- 60 ml water
- 3 pinch Baking Soda / Sodium Bicarbonate
- 300 ml oil (for frying)
For Stuffing / Tamarind coconut chutney
For green chilli fritters