Binis ki phalli gosht / Mutton French beans curry – Hyderabadi
Binis ki phalli gosht is a Hyderabadi dish made from french beans and mutton(preferably lamb ribs). It’s a day to day curry in Muslim households.
French beans curry is rich in proteins, fibre and vitamins. The juices of bone-in mutton and french beans mixed together makes this dish delectable.
Here’s is a homestyle recipe of Binis ki phalli gosht. Mostly this curry is teamed up with bagaara khaana & daalcha.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 350 grams binis ki phalli / french beans (diced)
- 200 grams Mutton / Beef (preferably bone in)
- 2 medium Onions (sliced)
- 2 medium Potato (diced into 10 pieces)
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder or paprika (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried kasuri methi/ fresh methi (or one bunch fresh methi)
- In a pressure cooker add onions, mutton, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and oil. Mix well.
- Lamb's ribs are used to make this curry, but if you do not have lamp ribs then use bone-in mutton or boneless will also do.